Teachers, librarians and other education professionals are invited to join us for the launch of the Edinburgh International Book Festival Baillie Gifford Schools Programme 2019 at 4.30pm on Thursday 25 April at The Edinburgh Academy, Henderson Row.
This is your opportunity to get an insight into our schools events before tickets go on sale on Monday 29 April.
What you can expect:
- Arrive at 4.30pm to peruse our schools programme over a glass of wine before presentations start at 5pm.
- Get an insight into our programme as Janet Smyth, our Children & Education Programme Director, highlights some of our exciting events and strands.
- Edinburgh-based illustrator Kate Leiper gives you a taster of what a Book Festival schools event involves as she brings to life the illustrations from her latest book, A Wee Bird Was Watching.
- Hear from Schools Writer-in-Residence Claire Askew about all of the activities taking place as part of our two-day Citizen Schools takeover.
Visit one of our stalls:
This year, we will also be running various stalls during the launch where you can find out more about the Festival and meet some of our staff, including:
- Bookshop Stall – take the chance to buy or pre-order books from the 2019 Schools Programme and find out more about the changes to our bookshops this year.
- Accessibility Stall – learn about the improvements we’re making to accessibility at the Book Festival, including our new Access Team and special Learning Disability Friendly event.
- Free Book Stall – choose from a selection of FREE books to take back to your school with you.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions about our programme or your visit to the Festival and to talk informally over a glass of wine and some nibbles.
Spaces are limited so please reserve your space by Friday 12 April on Eventbrite, and do bring along your colleagues too.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Ola Wojtkiewicz (Creative Learning Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you there!