Teachers, librarians and other education professionals are invited to join us for the launch of the Edinburgh International Book Festival Baillie Gifford Schools Programme 2018 at 4.30pm on Thursday 19 April at The Edinburgh Academy, Henderson Row.
This is a unique opportunity to get an insight into our schools events before tickets go on sale on Thursday 26 April.
What you can expect:
- Arrive at 4.30pm to peruse our schools programme over a glass of wine before presentations start at 5pm.
- Get an insight into our programme as Janet Smyth, our Children & Education Programme Director, highlights some of our fantastic events and strands.
- Get a flavour of what a Book Festival schools event involves with Museum Mystery Squad author Mike Nicholson, and Dougie Irvine from theatre company Visible Fictions, who have been working with Cathy Forde to adapt her classic novel Fat Boy Swim.
- Meet our Year of Young People co-programmers and hear about what they’ve been getting involved in so far.
- Visit our book stall and choose from a selection of FREE books to take back to your school with you.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions about our programme or your visit to the Festival and to talk informally over a glass of wine and some nibbles.
Spaces are limited so please reserve your space on Eventbrite, and do bring along your colleagues too.
We look forward to seeing you there!